Friday, October 14, 2011

Closing!

Finally! Today. It's happening.

Then the real fun begins.

On a different, odd note, for the first time in a decade, I got my period and was really pleased. The last thing I needed on top of work stress and drama, a historic home with serious needs, and a toddler was another pregnancy ride. Funny how things change, eh?

5 comments:

JellyBelly said...

Congrats on closing on your house!!! And yes, this starts another adventure!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congrats!

AmyG said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear more about the historic home adventure! I'm still coveting your summer kitchen.

the misfit said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! When do you move? Wait, dumb question. I am the idiot who thinks I will move into the (structurally sound) project house and redecorate every room in a month (hahahahahahahaha). You are the different idiot, who is buying a partially non-sound project house...are you going to live in it while you renovate, or not?

Also also: two things: a girlfriend of mine just sent me a book called "Swedish style" (and I thought, oh, NO! Scandinavian minimalism! But it's actually circa 1900, and totally different from that - very quaint old-house [but also very not Victorian], and I should send it to you after I read it in case it's what you're looking for for your kitchen and stuff. It's basically a guy's memoir about how his family decorated the house, with loving discussions of his wife's role and so forth - like a decor blog a century before its time!). And the other thing I saw recently and thought of you was one of the kitchen-related galleries regularly featured on the front crawler on thisoldhouse.com...but it is no longer on the first five and now I can't find it :(. But I was thinking of you!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

the misfit said...

Pardon me.

Your public demands updates.