Ah, IF! It so turns your world on its head that when a doctor finds something's not right, you're thrilled. At least I am: I have polyps! The saline sonogram actually helped us know more! The pesky womb stalactites likely explain what Dr. Spunk (my RE) tastefully termed "the nuisance bleeding," meaning the years of bizarre luteal phase spotting. And according to the embarrassment of study riches yielded by dear Dr. Google, polypectomies do an infertile body a lot of good. Something like 50% of unexplained infertile women conceive with minimal intervention.
No, Hope! I still don't want any of your tempting wares! Go away!
So the plan is: go ahead with this cycle (trigger on Sunday) and if I'm not pregnant--what a card the guy is!--give them a call and they'll set me up with a hysteroscopy, along with a handy dandy lap for good measure, while I'm under. My only misgiving about the process is that they recommended I take bcp for a cycle, just to make the lining less confusing and, well, less everything. Just what I need: more insanely screwy hormones.
Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not convinced that this is the answer. Even if it isn't, even if it just banished the dread Pirate Spot, it would still be worth it. And it's most likely covered by insurance. Oh joy! Oh joy! How lovely to have a nice clean womb and a happy, happy thyroid if we need to go to IVF in the end. What blast could resist nestling into a cozy place like that?
On another note, I finally got something right in the gyn department. When they wanded me after the SIS, the doc exclaimed, "I love those ovaries!" Gee whiz, Doc, me too. Apparently I have three large follies (for day 10) and respond well to the Clomid. Will wonders never cease?
As always, any experienced gals out there who've wrassled polyps are welcome to leave their two cents. Or as they say in German, to give up your mustard.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Absolutely no experience with polyps here, but I am thrilled that you have some answers! Isn't it crazy that we are at the point that even bad news is actually exciting because at least you have one more piece of the puzzle? And congrats also on the beautiful ovaries. It is your month for the ovaries to be the Organ of the Month since I had it last month. [hands over bronze-dipped 3-D replica of female anatomy to shinejil]. Congrats!
i'm jealous of your polyps! i wish i had something to blame on my lack of babyness....
we IF gals have a pretty warped sense of what to be grateful for!
I am touched and honored, Mrs. X! And I will be delighted to pass the Great Ovaries of Glory over to the next deserving woman. There are so many of us out there.
Hey, what a coincidence! I just had four polyps removed on Monday (as you know;)). I really didn't think about the possibility that they have been causing our infertility, but your post makes me more hopeful that this will really help things along. If you have to go with the operation, I hope it's the key for both of us! And congratulations on the lovely trophy. Whereever will you put it?
Well, I'm just all about the presents today. You have been offically tagged. Check out the post on my blog titled "The Post In Which Mrs.X Is Chatty" for the details. You're it!
Jellybelly, dear! Believe me, I know the oddball envy of IF. I can't tell you how many times I've thought, "Oooh, you lucky bitch! You're anovulatory!" or something to that effect.
HI dear, could you email me those great links you posted on my blog? I really appreciate you taking the time to look those up for me!
Post a Comment