Monday, May 17, 2010

The end of my very short rope

It's been a terrible past few weeks. The kicker: Mastitis last week. 101+ fever. And still, I wrote a press release and took care of dear Bruiser (who was completely unfazed by the whole experience).

Just wanted to let y'all know I'm still out here. Even if I'm a battered shell of my former perky self...

11 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Yuck. Hope everything gets better soon!

loribeth said...

(((hugs))) I'm sorry. Glad Bruiser, at least, is no worse for the wear. Rest up & I hope you are back to your old self soon.

N said...

Yikes. I hope things are better soon.

JellyBelly said...

So glad that you're still out there fighting the good fight. I hear that Mastitis is pretty painful! Ouchie for you!

Sending you hugs and well wishes!

Me said...

I'm sorry things are so rough on you right now. ((HUGS))

VA Blondie said...

Oh, I am so sorry! The things we learn to do now that we are mothers! It never seems to end.

Geeks in Rome said...

ouch!! I hope you got proper care!??

The Italian rememdy is wrapping the boob with hot cabbage leaves (i think cabbage because they mold the boob so well!)

My midwife said just take a pampers diaper and fill it with hot water to do hot packs. they curve nicely too.

other hot tip is whenever you feel a knot building in a gland is to feed with the baby's chin positioned where the lump is. the extra action of the baby's tongue and chin helps massage the area.

I would also pump and massage the hard glands. A real good suction on the hand pump would uncork those plugged ducts in 15 min.s! Hurts like a muhtha but ahhh relief.

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, shinejil! That really sucks! Wish there was something I could do to help. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

So very sorry about the mastitis and the accompanying fever. Suuuuck, so say the least. And good for you for keeping on with the mothering and press release to boot!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

kate said...

At our breast feeding class the other night, I think the instructor got a secret thrill at the looks of horror that crossed our faces as she talked about mastitis... I (obviously) haven't been there yet, but I so feel for you. It has to be painful and exhausting to deal with. I'm glad you seem to have survived-- now take it easy! Give your battered shell of a self a break!