No, this isn't a deliberation on my continuing battle with the dragon-like last ten-twenty (? who knows, the Ectopolooza of '08 did a number on my BMI) pounds.
We had a lovely Christmas. My dad came and picked Bruiser and me up for a week of doing shit-all. It was amazing. Okay, I worked a little, but not really anything very much or very stressful.
As Christmas Eve came, snow fell in beautiful, puffy flakes. Everyone was already safe on the farm, sitting around the wood stove, chasing Bruiser up and down the steep farmhouse stairs. People made me gin and tonics and brought me champagne. Other people did most of the cooking, cleaning, washing, and entertaining. I got to stare at the cedars, increasingly weighed down with white, as the blue twilight fell. I stayed up as long as I wanted, letting the little tyke fall asleep on my lap for once.
It was wonderful. It tipped the scales completely, away from what has been a very stressful, challenging, lean year.
Here's to more cheer, contentment, and relaxing moments in 2011! For all of us.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds fabulous! Hoping the same thing. :)
Sounds like a great vacation! Here's to a wonderful 2011 for all of us!
I was hoping it wasn't a panicked Christmas-cookie-weight post. I love Christmas cookies so, it seems wrong to demonize them. Or the Reese's I just bought. Or the leftover pork. Or mugs of cider and hot cocoa. Or...never mind :).
Christmas sounds fabulous. I love the image of the farmhouse I have in my head (pictures??). And the snoooow! I want snow...we were robbed of snow here.
Love it love it love it!
We too had a white Christmas - very unusual in the UK.
May you enjoy many more such peaceful moments in 2011.
A hundred years late, but what a lovely way to spend the holiday. I am so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself, and have other people who love Bruiser there to take a little time with him.
Post a Comment