Wow. Hi, there. Yeah.
It's been rough here. I earned two parental stripes in November: first 911 call and ER visit, and first thorough dousing in vomit. Sorry, no other way to put it.
It turns out there are these things called febrile seizures my son gets if his temp spikes too fast. I learned this the hard way, and thought I was watching my child about to die in my arms. Very scary, but apparently without any long-term consequences. Crazy how resilient the little ones are.
So after a bout of pneumonia, we all headed to visit my 90+-year-old grandma. After nine hours in the car on the way home, I got sick. Really sick. As in, thank heavens this is a rental car. My son followed my lead a few hours after we passed out together in bed. Then the hubby, then both my parents. Fun!
That, and a basically empty bank account, despite working our asses off, had led to some pretty intense blues. We don't buy anything, only eat out once a week (for something cheap like pizza), yet still have no money. Sigh.
And finally, I'm still haunted, every time I hear someone is pregnant. It's not just the envy. It's the icky memories of my dark time before and during, when on some level I just knew something was about to go horribly wrong. It didn't, really, but the feelings remain.
On that notes, may all of you still struggling, regardless of your current status, find joy and support during this often hard season. And may the next year bring you happiness and contentment.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How scary! I'm glad you're all doing better now. *hugs*
And I'm right there with you on the bad feelings. Right there.
Here's hoping the rest of your winter is vomit- and illness-free. Hang in there.
Sorry for the rough time. And the seizures sound really scary! I'm glad everyone is feeling better now. Yikes.
Wow. It's hard, isn't it, this parenting stuff? Hope things become less stressful soon!
Glad to hear from you again. And I'm sorry you're all going through a rough time, but I'm glad everyone is alive, at least! Mixed feelings about Christmas and the coming year, to be sure. And I probably will always be really conflicted about what all this IF business means, and what it means for those who are still waiting, even if I end up with a baby myself. I guess that's why I still love reading your writing, even though I have exiled some mommy-bloggers :). You seem like a particularly real person.
Good to hear from you, Shinejil. Sorry you've had some scary moments lately, though. (((hugs)))
Good to hear from you, although sorry to read that both you and Bruiser have been so ill. Hope that you're now both fully recovered and looking forward to the holidays.
And yes, I too hear you on the bad feelings.
Holy Crow!! That is extremely scary!!
I hope they helped you know what to do if it happens again! yikes!
That so sux working your butts off and having no dough to show for it. But every time that account says zero, look at that cute boy (both of them ;) and think how really really rich you are.
You'll make it someday, really. Karma is real.
Post a Comment