Monday, October 19, 2009

In the wee hours

...this has what's been running through my head. (Thanks, Tim and Eric! Thanks a lot.)

Because pumping, it's not just a minor part of infant care. It's a fucking way of life, yo.

10 comments:

annacyclopedia said...

Oy veh!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Word! Word to you, mother.

Gwynn said...

HAAAA!! That's hilarious! Ugh, I hated pumping.But at least if you stick with it, you know in the end you did everything you could for your little one's health and intellect. Just find a good way to pass the time, to try and make it enjoyable. I figured out a way to prop up my laptop so that I could catch up on blogs at the same time!

Anonymous said...

What kind of pump are you using? I have been looking into them and trying to decide what to do about a pump. Any tips?

kate said...

Oh, thanks for that, Shinejil. I know have a new song to hear running through my head (though I have to say that's a grand improvement over "Hand Jive" which has been playing over and over and over and over and over since this morning... grr.).

Io said...

I am kind of scared after the crotch shot into orange underwear there...

battynurse said...

That's funny. Hope the pumping, breast feeding and all else is going well.

Denise said...

Too funny!!

Geeks in Rome said...

ahhh yes. hang in there!

I would sit on the toilet seat at midnight (because it was the only place I could turn on a light and not bother anyone) and pump to keep my boobs from exploding during the night.

But I got so good at using a manual pump, I could flip through mags, write, make phone calls, even go from room to room. Kind of like using a cordless.

Melody said...

I despised pumping. About a week in, I understood why it might be worth it to go ahead and buy the hands-free pumping kit I'd made fun of in the hospital store-- the one with the lady on the box pumping and vacuuming at the same time.