Here's what I did this cycle:
1. Didn't relax. Dude, I have a toddler. I don't relax anymore.
2. Drank. Beer and gin and tonics, mostly. (see above)
3. Freaked out about miscarrying in a quiet, low-grade way, when not attending to work or toddler. There goes the "just stop thinking about it and it will happen."
4. Barely took my thyroid medicine. There goes the "just get below a TSH of 2" theory, at least in my particular case.
What this means, really: fertility or infertility is out of our control. It has nothing to do with our merits or actions (beyond certain concrete acts, that is). It usually does what we don't really want. It has little to do with our attitude.
In short, it's not you, sweetie.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So true. We think we can control things, but really we can't
And, hey, you didn't bring home your child through adoption to prompt the miracle pregnancy either!
I hope it's all going well there.
You're so right. It is ultimately something over which we have very little control - which is a very hard lesson to learn when you're going through treatment and trying to do everything in your power to nudge the odds in your favour. But then, once in a blue moon, our bodies do something to surprise us.
Thinking of you, and hoping that all turns out well.
That's brilliant.
Even though this was not what you expected, attempted, prepared for, planned for, or styled beverage consumption around, I hope this turn of events does bring your family joy!
Post a Comment