Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ah, the irony!

I've never been so happy to see spotting in my life. Looks like things are getting started, which is good. I was dreading waiting weeks (or, as my nurse-midwife warned me, possibly months) for this thing to resolve. Now it's happening, slowly but surely.

I'm going to visit my folks for a week with my little guy. It was my man's brilliant idea: they live on a farm in a beautiful place, have a swimming pool, and like to cook and serve sad daughters gin and wine. Not together, of course. So it's going to be a vacation for both of us, and allow me to have some constant company and support.

In general, I'm feeling much better. Thanks for all your kind sympathy. The good news seems to be that we may one day be able to cook up another kid. Likely, just like a natural m/c, that will happen at the most inconvenient time. Though, hopefully, not mid-dive from the high dive. (thanks, Baby Smiling for the belly laugh!)

5 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

My pleasure, glad to give you a chuckle at a time like this.

Enjoy your vacation!

kate said...

Ah, dude. I'm so sorry, just so sorry that this one wasn't a sticky one. I'm glad all the same that it seems to be resolving itself on it's own.

Enjoy your gin and wine and your little man and your parents who, I'm sure, love little men AND sad daughters in good portion.

luna said...

oh wow, just catching up over here. sorry to hear about this. crazy, though, the mind-f*#ck of it all. wishing you well as you heal and enjoy some time together.

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Enjoy the vacation! Sounds like where I'd like to go!

Ms Heathen said...

May your time with your folks bring you peace and healing. xx