Monday, August 22, 2011

The Ultimate Distraction

So, my man and I are trying to buy a house. Yes, Misfit, I'm looking at you with that meaningful glance.

It's a Carpenter Gothic house from the 1890s. It was rehabbed a some point, very well with good solid basics, but has fallen on hard times. It's cheap, but will be an insane amount of work. On two acres, not far from our current home, with a lovely view. Bank owned, so it has no kitchen or HVAC systems (but duct work). There's a huge hole in the ceiling from a plumbing problem in the terrifying powder room that looks like a gimp room upstairs. It has a barn. And a garage. And a summer kitchen. Two porches... it's amazing, in short. And terrifying.

Miscarriage? What miscarriage?

4 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Yep. If you're looking for distractions, that'll do it!

That sounds awesome! And terrifying! :) It will be so amazing once you have done the work.

AmyG said...

I was reading along and thinking "they're nuts they're nuts they're nuts they're ... ooh, summer kitchen!AWESOME!" It sounds like an adventure!

the misfit said...

YESSSSSS. I am jealous of your porches, and your barn.

Although - no kitchen? And no heat? Your adventures are going to put mine to shame. We're going to need a side blogging project to chronicle our adventures. (I envision a lot of "never do the following..." I can start with one of those now: do not try to buy a historic property on a short sale with a VA-guaranteed loan.)

Ms Heathen said...

Sounds amazing! I hope it will be yours very soon.