Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Married a Visigoth

Yesterday, my husband finally set out to boldly tackle the Pit of Despair that is our garage. Coming from a family that never throws anything away ever, even stuff that is obviously trash, he has his work cut out for him. It's taken a bit of convincing to get him to agree that disgusting old termite-eaten den paneling is garbage and has no absolutely no use value.

After a while, he comes out of the Pit, sans cast.

He somehow (he refuses kindly to tell me how) removed his own cast. The cast he needed because of something I've been sworn to secrecy about, but let's just say it involved showing off for a group of guys at work and way too much collective testosterone (no battery or assault involved, though).

So, please, if you have any rival tribes you need decimated, give us a call.

7 comments:

Mrs.X said...

Testosterone and appendanges are rarely a safe mix.

What, pray tell, was his reason for removing the cast?

I have a garage that also needs conquering but Mr. X swears that the large pieces of metal that are lounging around the edges of the garage have a reason for being there. He to refuses kindly to tell me.

If they are Visigoths, what does that make us? Ostrogoths?

kate said...

Dude. Your husband is a bad mother-effer. Break his hand and then remove his own cast? Visigoth, indeed.

Anonymous said...

I say if his removal of his own cast, likely without doctor's consent, leads to problems down the road you get to tell what he did to break it in the first place. :)

Me said...

I find it hilarious that you were specific in which 'goth' tribe you attributed him to. :p

the misfit said...

LOL. They're special, aren't they? I love being told by all the high-minded idealist young ladies who claim that men and women are exactly the same. They've never been married...

Paula Keller said...

My husband has the UGLIEST trunk that he swears was his families from the Mayflower! He also swears he's going to donate it to the Smithsonian or something. I've been staring at the thing for a good 15 years now. Ugh!

Paula Keller said...

OK, I tried to leave a comment yesterday and I think I lost the connection. So if you get a double messege, I'm not stalking you! Mkay! :)

My thyroid number yesterday was 1.27, bestest number yet! I go back in 6 weeks for a check.

And, that was some really good advice about doing the yearly at the OB's. I think if the scan shows a good heartbeat on Monday, I will cancel my appointment. Thanks!!!