Saturday, June 27, 2009

In the swim

Damn it, I hate it when people are so fracking right. This swimming thing? Brilliant.

Yeah, it makes your back feel a bit funny because you have what feels like a second ass dangling from your belly button. But your arms and legs are free and cool and strong. I'm also managing to cut back a bit on the calories.

The most annoying part? It's all making me sleep better, feel better, endure the hellish heat better, yadda yadda.

11 comments:

VA Blondie said...

You are making me wish I had access to a pool! I love to swim, even when not pregnant, and I sort of miss it.

Rebeccah said...

Glad you're in the water and feeling better!

Me said...

I see you don't like the powers that be being right any more than I do. LMAO!

kate said...

Yay for the swimmingly good feelings that swimming gives you! I've always loved swimming because regardless of my land-mass, I always feel so lithe, almost willowy (which, no matter what weight I've been at, has NEVER been an appropriate description of me. my people come from hearty stock!) when I swim laps.

battynurse said...

Ok so I'm laughing a bit at the description of a second ass attached to your belly button. Glad the swimming is helping.

Mrs.X said...

It is so wrong that everyone was so right. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

The OB told me to hit a pool. I wanted to tell her to eff herself. Because, seriously, wear a swimsuit? I would rather die.

But you almost make it sound convincing enough to make me try it.

Rachel said...

I wish I had access to a good pool - I loved swimming while in my 'fattening' stage (as so nicely put by the husband). You will have to share your secret about where you found a bathing suit someday.

alicia said...

yay for swimming! glad it is working so well :)

nancy said...

I swam throughout my pregnancies. The wierdest part is getting out though, I feel like gravity has suddenly doubled. Do you feel like that?

So glad to see you are doing well. I've been trying to keep up and reading most, but just not getting to comment all the time. I'm brimming with suckitude.

Io said...

Darn people being right and stuff. Glad it's working so well!