Where I've gone. The me who used to do all sorts of stuff? Gone. The new me spends the day strategizing how to poop with a restless baby who refuses to be put down for more than 10 minutes.
Sigh.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
It gets better. Seriously. Very soon, he'll be more independent and you'll feel comfortable setting boundaries and making time for yourself. I had an utter breakdown around 6 weeks because I was so exhausted and just spent. hang in there.
That you will come back eventually. In the meantime I hope you find great ways of doing stuff while holding a little one.
I dealt with this just yesterday using my sling, pain coping techniques, a very bad latch onto the breast, and lots of singing to a grumpy boy. So I can certainly relate. Sigh indeed.
Pooping is important. You'll find time for all sorts of stuff, later.
;)
I'm over here LMAO.
Uh... your poop or his poop?
ah yes, pooping and showering were rare, much-anticipated events...
But it will not always be like this. It takes a long time, but gradually (like at 6+months?) you will be able to sneak in a bit of you-time in your day.
I found I didn't resent it or get depressed about it b/c my midwife drilled into us that you will be completely absorbed by mom duties so don't even expect or plan anything that takes you away from the essential (feed/change baby, cuddle, nap, eat, drink. period).
Since she never gave me a time frame for when that ends I assumed it was "forever" so the day (when Pea was two) I did have time to read a bit of a book while the kids were awake I was dumbfounded.
Set really loooow expectations and goals and you will manage. really!
Yep, those velcro babies make life challenging, don't they? I used this mantra: "I wanted this child really badly and he's only going to be this little once" ... which didn't really make me feel better, but it did keep my brain from whining for those 30 seconds while I was saying the mantra : )
Ah the perils of new motherhood. I only get private poops at work now. Most of my #2s at home are with Simone lying at my feet in a plastic baby bath and babbling at me the entire time.
Yes, some days my biggest victory was finding time to take a shower. I kept a list and for a long time nothing got crossed off (writing my "Thank You" cards comes to mind). It will get better though! :)
Post a Comment