I can't tell you how many people have told me they weighed only 3 lbs or 4 lbs at birth.
And none of them are hobbits.
Bruiser has also caused several older men to talk to my man about their struggles with infertility.
I'm eager for the day when that pain and loss can be spoken of more openly.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well of course they're not hobbits! Bruiser is perfect. I'm really surprised about the guys bringing up infertility - how did those conversations work? You're right, what a blessing when people can talk about that, and I hope some day it will be more often.
I think it's a lot harder for men to talk about than women. I didn't realize until J started telling his coworkers that he was going to get the "way to go, heh, heh" type reaction. And given that what finally got us pregnant was giving up on his sperm, that's a pretty uncomfortable moment.
Bruiser will not be a hobbit. But there's no need to knock hobbits anyway. They're pretty amazing, if you think about it.
Post a Comment