Wednesday, April 15, 2009

13 weeks

Looks like I'm in my 2nd trimester. Holy smokes.

My pledge to you:
  • No creepy tickers with mutant floating pixel fetus (no offense to others who enjoy them)
  • No complaining about how "fat" I am, etc.
  • No belly pics (I will post pictures of my cat's tummies, if asked, however)
  • No lengthy discussion of fancy baby crap (I may crow if I find some cool junk used)
  • No self-righteous shit about birth plans, attachment parenting, breastfeeding, whatever.
My goal: To be good enough. Not a perfect parent, but good enough to keep future therapy bills to a minimum.

18 comments:

alicia said...

soo many ppl find those floating baby tickers creepy! hee hee but I still like mine :)

yay 2nd trimester! congrats! so happy for you :)

JellyBelly said...

thank you for not having one of those creepo tickers!!! honestly, when i finally get my BFP i will NOT do that to the bloggosphere.

i would, however, love to see photos of the kitty's bellies. that would be too cute!

congrats shinejil! i'm so happy for you!

loribeth said...

You are cracking me up, Shinejil! : )

Mrs.X said...

Congratulations my dear! What a wonderful (and blessedly boring) update.

And, thanks for having no belly shots other than the kitty or tequila variety, or tickers. I hate to admit that they are still hard to take. Maybe when I'm knocked up well and good, but now, not so much.

nancy said...

well lame, that's what I like to read about!

about the creepy widget, remember me going on and on about it? Yet I put one up as soon as I was pregnant. heh.

Denise said...

Happy 2nd trimester!

Rebeccah said...

Congrats!!! I do so love hearing about folks crossing that ever-elusive 2nd trimester threshold!(almost wrote "semester" - too much schooling here, heh)

Anonymous said...

UGGG. No floating baby? I am never coming back!

Congrats on the second trimester!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations lady! cruising right into your 2nd trimester, nice! and kitty bellies sound pretty damn hilarious and adorable, i vote yes!

Dora said...

"Not a perfect parent, but good enough to keep future therapy bills to a minimum."

Right on!

Totally with you on the belly shots (kitties only) and the tickers. Although, I keep getting requests for more pee stick pictures. ;-)

luna said...

your pledge to yourself is perfect.

of course you should write what you want, and enjoy it.

hooray for the 2nd trimester.

Ms Heathen said...

Congratulations on making it into the second trimester - I can't believe how quickly it's going!

And you're right - those floating baby tickers are incredibly creepy!

Geeks in Rome said...

maybe you can do a creepy ticker for when your tulips are due to bloom?

I vote for postings of your cats' tummies!!! so soft!

anything you write about will be a pleasure to read. I say, no limits!

battynurse said...

Happy 2nd trimester!!! I hope it goes by calmly. And I'm cracking up at that last line about future therapy bills.

the misfit said...

WOW - it was like five minutes ago I was reading about your BFP. That's such an awesome milestone - go Bruiser!

As to your pledge - I'd like to register one vote for someone who appreciates it. (I'm not really negative about other people's children, either, FTR.) No doubt being infertile can (and should) make you appreciate parenting even more, but I'm not sure going crazy sappy is strictly necessary. Nobody who is crazy sappy now appreciated it when they were miserable...so you sort of splinter your community if you rubber-band too far in the other direction, I think. I appreciate the people who are pretty much the same people on both sides of the Rubicon.

I will say, I only mind the baby tickers because I can never figure out whether that's a child in utero or ex utero.

Am interested in seeing cat tummy pictures and especially interested in pictures of any cool junk you find used.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Happy 2nd trimester!

I didn't want to bother my blog readers so I created an unpublished ticker page for myself. No floating fetus though -- they aren't to scale! What good is that?

lostintaipei said...

OMG, you rock! Love this pledge. SO happy you're in your 2nd tri. And crap, does time fly. You've been in my thoughts--thanks for keeping an eye on me too. Yay for Bruiser!

butamoment said...

I don't usually leave that many comments on strangers blogs but when I was your pledge items in this post, I couldn't resist leaving a note and saying Thank God.

Those floating babies are creepy and I couldn't care less to read about a looooong internal debate on whether someone should buy the Rondabout or the Marathon carseat.

Thank you for sparing us all.

(Though I do like belly pictures.)

:-)