...and I'll bleed if I want to."
My body is convinced that it must absolutely not skip a month. So it's pretending to menstruate. If I weren't getting these confounded blood tests showing that ovulation would be a scientific oddity, I'd be sure I was having my cycle, as per normal.
Anyone ever heard of having an ectopic, the numbers falling sloooowly, but you still have to buy fucking tampons?!? Isn't that just the biggest injustice?
At least I can still drink.
I'm off to a week-long trip to the East Coast, to a conference where I'll give a paper while my guy samples the local brews, and then we're going for a few days to NYC, my old stomping grounds.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
boo on AF! It is an injustice, not fair at all!
have fun in NYC!
This is maybe TMI, but since you're talking about periods!
I don't know what you want to call it, miscarriage or whatever, but my "period" after being pregnant was really strange. I hardly bled at all, but had a few clots. I read up on it, of course, and apparently that is pretty typical. Makes sense to me, as the lining would have sort have done it's chemical clumping thing it does when you conceive. I also read that it's better to use liners or pads instead of tampons.
See, TMI.
Hope you have fun in NYC!
Ugh, that totally sucks! Hope you have a good trip. Drink like a fish and indulge in lots of great food!
Yay for going to the east coast! I hope you have a good time and get to join your guy in sampling some beer.
And don't you sometimes wish your body had a separate brain so it would understand when you cursed it out?
heh. The verification says bugger. Exactly.
That sounds utterly and completely fucking unfair. *hugs* I'm sorry.
your ladyparts are baffling! i'm glad that you can still find humour in the situation.
bon voyage shinejil! i hope that you have a great time!
didn't your body get the freaking memo already? geez.
have fun on your trip, lots of drinks.
hmm. tampons and pregnancy are not ever ever a happy combo. I hope your uterus gets her bearings SOON!
(While in NYC) If you're in the neighborhood, please pet the kitty for me at McSorley's! Tell him I miss him :)
and good luck on your presentation!! rock on!
Yes, by all means, drink. What an injustice is right!
Hope you have a fabulous time on the East Coast!
Truly bizarre. If it makes you feel any better I've had multiple girlie parts docs tell me that my ovaries are so cysty that there's no way I'm ovulating. To which I reply defiantly that I'm still having periods. And then they just stare at me, confounded by my misguided reproductive system. And they say it's good to be different. HA!
:p
Post a Comment