Friday, December 12, 2008

If it weren't for bad luck...

I'd have no luck at all.

Seriously, how did I spend a big chunk of yesterday?

Well, it all started when I was trying to hang up our modest attempt at Christmas lights. Though we are outgunned by the ginormous inflatable Santas stalking like yetis along the street, I still felt I should make a holiday statement with a string of star-shaped lights.

I hung them in a couple places, trying to make them look decent, and finally decided to string them up in our backyard.

While doing so, I stepped on a piece of construction debris. A nail poked through the entire sole of my shoe and into the ball of my foot.

Ow.

Rusty nail+garden soil=tetanus, so I proceeded to the walk-in clinic to get myself a tetanus booster. Then I got them to throw in a flu shot.

Because you know I've been missing the needles, folks.

My foot is fine: swollen and lumpy, but not too painful. I'm back to hobbling along like Quasimodo.

Sigh.

15 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

The Christmas elves are not doing a good job of encouraging your spirit by leaving rusty nails on the ground.

Feel better soon! And get someone else to finish the lights!

JellyBelly said...

oh shinejil! i'm glad that you have such a good sense of humour!

ouchie!

Denise said...

Uggh. The luck has got to turn soon. Hope your foot heals quickly!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Oh, and...

Tag! You're it!

http://babysmiling.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/tag/

luna said...

jeez, shinejil! can't catch a break, can you?! what a drag. hope it heals fast.

Paula Keller said...

Oh geeeeeeze!

Hey, I have TONS of leftover needles for you, of the sterile and non-rusty varities. You just have to ask! :)

Feel better, you!

'Murgdan' said...

Ohhhh OUCH. But good for you for getting into the Holiday spirit...needles and nails and all.

Me said...

Does Quasimodo-like hobbling garner any sympathy and/or special treatment from the DH?

(Trying to look for a bright side for ya.)

Mrs.X said...

Ow, ow, and ow. Just reading about it makes my foot hurt in sympathy.

Well, my dear, bad luck seems to be dogging us both like a cloud - my period showed up on CD 20. Un-freaking-believable.

I shall drink to your foot tonight.

ps - watch out for those inflatible yetis. We have some here and they scare me.

nancy said...

Oh shit. That sucks! Ouch is right!

Rebeccah said...

Oh my god that sounds awful. Poor you!!! OUCH!

Lea said...

Oh! That totally freaks me out - nails poking feet. Glad you are OK and sorry about the shots.

Pamela T. said...

ouch!!! Seems I've met my match in the Calamity Jane category. Sorry you're limping again.

Ms Heathen said...

Ouch! I hope your foot heals quickly!

alicia said...

oh no! your poor feet, was it the same foot you sprained??