Monday, December 15, 2008

Seven Random Facts

Thanks for your sympathy, dears. The foot is no longer swollen and I'm ambling along as per usual.

For now. :)

Other than that, nothing much going on here. The town is all in a tizzy between holidays and finals week. Our refrigerator is finally back in its nook (we had to tile under it, and thus it was blocking both the stove and the sink in the kitchen for several days). I'm still so uninspired to do any academic work. Our house is a royal mess. My brain is sputtering today.

A good day to be tagged, say I. And behold: the brave, electricity-less Cassandra has indeed tagged me.

The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about you.

Weird Fact 1: I hate umbrellas and peppermint-flavored toothpaste. An umbrella smeared in Colgate? My worst nightmare.

WF2: I can't spell for shit and would likely never have gotten much past a BA without spell check.

WF3: I grew up in a house that was haunted by a noisy but basically friendly ghost. No really, the whole family heard and saw it. It was always a bit odd, but never scary.

WF4: My hair goes down to my butt. I often wear it in a variation on pigtails.

WF5: My husband and I sing "new grass" versions of classic hip hop songs together. Yes, weird and random!

WF6: I am currently wearing bright blue boots.

WF7: I used to be deathly afraid of slugs as a child, though not of any other creepy crawly critters. I read a story about giant slugs on some tropical island as a child, and it freaked me out so much that I would cross the street when I saw a slug on the sidewalk. Now I just hate them for their garden destruction.

Alas, I can't seem to muster the brain cells to complete Rule 3 (Tag 7 random people at the end, and include links to their blogs). Forgive me.

5 comments:

kate said...

Aww. I used to be sad about slugs/snails when I was a kid. I stepped on one too many, and the sickening crunch/squish always made me feel terrible.

As for WF5- We must get together and jam sometime. "New grass" and hip hop and making music? Three of my most favorite things...

And yes. Things are all a tizzy, what with the finals and the grades being due and the holidays sneaking up and all that crap. Luckily, the grades will be posted soon, and I can go back to actually having a real live talking, attention-paying husband... just in time to get on the road to drive 20+ hours on our way home for the holidays. Sigh.

I am glad your foot is doing better. Damn your luck. But at least you got to get a few injections. It's always nice to get back to the routine of poking oneself with random chemicals, eh?

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Which toothpaste flavor do you use instead of mint? Cinnamon? Licorice? Children's bubble gum with Sesame Street characters on the tube?

Still electricity-less for sure, and probably still brave.

luna said...

wow, never would have guessed #4, and I want to hear more about #3.

Geeks in Rome said...

I hope those funky bright blue boots are steel-toed and thick soled and will keep any 9-inch nails from going through!

glad it's feeling a bit better :)

Lea said...

Poor slugs. I feel bad for them too. The toothpaste covered umbrella cracked me up! :) Glad your foot is better.