Damn, this cycle is kicking my ass.
It's funny: Last time around, I felt pretty okay. Somewhat spaced and--dare I say--high during the stims phase, but nothing like this. It's like I've got a mild flu: My belly aches, my appetite is all bizarre (nonexistent and then ravenous), I have zero energy. I feel like the Michelin woman. I can't seem to focus.
They've dialed me waaay back, from 125 down to 75 the past few nights. Lefty has around nine good sized follies, though some are real bruisers who might Chuck Norris the remaining pipsqueaks into non-maturity. Righty has a decent looking trio going on, though they're a tad smaller than the mega follicles on the sinister side. Lining looks good.
I've made some interesting discoveries about myself (more on that later, when my brain is functioning better), while my guy is once again experiencing a bout of anxiety and hypochondria. It seems that whenever I'm feeling awful due to fertility-related crap, he feels some subconcious urge to go nuts.
Good times, good times. I'm guessing IUI on Thurday. I'm praying the luteal phase will be kinder.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I didn't do well on the meds either. exhausted and uneasy feeling. hope the LP is better.
thanks for your awesome comment before too!
It sounds like an awful time. I hope you are being kind to yourself, and are able to slow things down to keep pace with your brain. You'll come out of the fog.
Today's word verification: pactaton
wow Thursday! keeping everything crossed for you! sorry abotu all the discomfort and with hubbys troubles too! rough time!!! hopefully its done soon :)
You are absolutely right about the Total Wifely Voice Filtration Syndrome. That's exactly what happens when I ratchet the shrew up too far. I need to swing the pendulum back the other way. Do they make drugs for this?
Also, what do you want to bet your husband gets the anxiety as his response to the ttc stress? And they say women are irrational...it's equal opportunity out there.
Hope you both feel better soon!
Hoping the crazy cycle will mean a good outcome. Sorry you have to go through it though. And I'm really sorry about DH. I hope he gets sorted out soon.
Wow. That's some follies you've got going. Great. I always felt icky the last couple days of stims and the day or so after trigger. Good luck I hope it goes well.
Sounds like everything is on track, just like it should be. Sorry it's rougher than the last time.
Is it possible that your guy is responding to your stress and the stress of infertility as a whole? Perhaps he doesn't know how to figure out his own feelings and get them out, so they come out as anxiety and hypochondria because he has to get them out somehow, but doesn't quite know how?
When we are dealing with something stressful, a cycle, me having surgery etc., my normally even tempered husband becomes a world class ass. He doesn't know how to express himself, so he becomes a jerk. I have learned that when he is being a world class asshole, I have to stop and ask him what he is really upset about. Usually, it is something related to the cycle or whatever, but he doesn't know how to simply say he is scared or upset or worried.
Hang in there! It's hard work growing eggs and I bet these will be some beauties.
I too hope that the LP will be kinder. Going down the mountain is a lot easier than going up.
Hugs.
Blech is right - sounds mighty uncomfortable. I am thinking good thoughts for a smooth LP for you and an easy wait.
And I had a similar thought to The Misfit on your man's episodes of anxiety - do you think there's a connection?
Post a Comment