I've been up since 4 AM. Sure, I was nervous about the IUI, but I also heard the distinct sound of tires spinning, spinning, spinning against newly fallen snow. And sure enough, we just got slammed with the biggest winter storm of the season. They even closed the university, which never, ever happens.
But our IUI was at 8:30, 70 miles away.
So we left more than 2 hours early, edging along the streets and highways in the driving snow, averaging when lucky about 40 mph. I had all sorts of visions of disaster: a flat tire, running out of gas somewhere along the snowy road (we were running very low, as per usual), arriving at the RE's office only to find it deserted.
But we got there, only 10 minutes late. My guy did his bit with incredible efficiency, a trait that, ehem, I'm happy he doesn't exhibit on a regular basis. We waited while they spun his stuff, and I could feel my ovaries clamoring with the veritable follicle moshpit that had erupted in my gut. Then into the exam room (which was plastered with photos of very funny-looking babies and many, many multiples--oh my), up into the stirrups, in with the spectulum and boom! A gazillion dudes swimming up to meet the ova marching band.
Beta is Feb. 11. Please, not another ectopic. I can deal with almost anything else. Okay, not a miscarriage. But sadly enough, a BFN would be highly preferable to another ectopic fiasco.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
Glad you made it safely in spite of the storm.
I'm thinking romantic thoughts in the very specific direction of your ute and singing Marvin Gaye to the gametes that are currently getting to know each other.
i'm sending you extra special birthday sticking vibes! one has special powers on their bday you know! ;)
Glad that you arrived safely and that everything went smoothly. The weather report here said that nobody should leave the house unless absolutely necessary, and I thought to myself that the only thing that could get me out in the snow today would have been the RE.
Hope the wait is short, and hope that you get a BFP at the end!
I'm SO GLAD that you guys got there, and safely, and that everything got, er, taken care of. Thinking about you.
Wow. Rain, Hail, Sleet, or Snow...you guys are more reliable than the US Postal Service! I'm wishing you all the best for this cycle...no, no more ectopics. AND I'm glad you, your guy, and all your follies made it there safely.
I'll be thinking good, positive (lasting positive... no eptopic bullshit) thoughts for you!
Glad you made it safe & sound. What we go through just to get pregnant!
I am so hoping this is it for you.
Oh, ugh. The weather is crappy here today too. I would hate the stress of trying to make such an important appointment on top of it all!! Glad you made it there safely & even relatively on time! Fingers crossed for a good outcome (or at least, no ectopic -- I understand!!).
Our area was hit by a bad storm too! I'm glad you guys made it in safely. You have a plethora of follicles, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that one (maybe two?) will stick around. Best of luck!
The ectopic fiasco was way too much for you to have to deal with. I hope you never have to face it again.
I will keep my fingers crossed for this cycle ending with something good, very, very good.
glad you made it through the storm to rendevous with the gazillion little guys. all you need is one!
wishing you many distractions in the wait.
Good luck. Everything crossed for you.
And wow, what a time to have a storm like that.
Here's hoping that the next couple of weeks pass quickly, and that 11 February brings good news.
Ah, the things we do for love and for a good dose of sperm. Glad you made it despite the obstacles.
Keeping fingers, toes and every other appendage crossed that you have your BFP with no strings attached.
What are the odds?? But this is a very good sign, I think, that nothing happened on the way, bc it easily could have. I am hoping the wait goes quickly!
Today's word verification: hawezmi
glad you got there safely!!! now go sperm go! ahh I will be thinking of you during this 2ww!
It's hard to imagine a set of circumstances under which a fertile person has to travel 70 miles in a snowstorm to conceive a child. Glad to hear you landed safely!
Welcome to the 2WW! Sounds like this time you've REALLY earned it!
Here's to hoping that at least one of those little guys finds his way!! :) I'm pulling for a BFP for you!! :)
Glad to see you made it. This is one of my biggest fears - our clinic is two hours away and located in the snow belt.
I guess you just do what you have to do.
Best to you this cycle. I hope this is it for you.
Awesome. Happy for you guys, and sending non-tubal and sticky thoughts to the little zygotes playing in your uterus...
Yay for the IUI and now it's the waiting! I pray you do not have another ectopic fiasco, as I am a veteran of those fiascos so I know what you mean in terms of rather having a BFN than an ectopic. I will be keeping everything crossed for you!!
Yay! So on Thursday they were blaring the music slamming and stage diving in the mosh pit and now... slow dance... what tune?
Post a Comment