So, the place we really liked? The one with the surprisingly reasonable price that made me wonder what the hell was wrong with it, because something clearly was wrong for it to be so reasonably priced?
Short sale.
Alas, they had four offers already, and yet they were still barreling toward foreclosure and that means no sale at all. Which means no point in looking at the place.
I was disappointed, but that disappointment was balanced by a hefty dose of relief, because the thought of getting our house on the market in a few weeks while cycling, preparing to teach, and working on my dis (while working two other jobs) was terrifying. There's also the fact that someday, soon, we'll find our farm. Maybe even this place, after the bank's through with it.
Oddly enough, I think my reproductive history is all about the short sale, too. The attempt to get out from under by asking less, only to be inevitably repossessed by the same sadness and inertia.
Another 125 tonight. I always feel so exhausted after the injections.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Disappointing but maybe something even better will come along. Good luck with everything that is going on now.
i keep telling myself that we'll find the perfect once when it's time, and i'm sure the same if for you. usually when things are too good to be true they are.
you're also right to prioritize cycling and the other stuff going on in your life. the farm will come, i'm sure of it. :)
It was probably run down and had lots of problems. At least that is what I am sticking with.
short sale cycles, repossessed by sadness and inertia -- I love that.
sounds like moving now what have been a lot to handle. I'm sure you'll find that farm some day.
at least you're on a pretty low dosage of the stims. hope you're taking good care to be good to you.
That's so disappointing to learn that it's a short sale. I hope you get the house after all, and this way you have a great excuse to spend hours watching HGTV before you put your house on the market.
Can't tell you HOW many times things didn't "work out" in our real estate endeavors that in hind sight worked out so beautifully to our advantage. Trust the Puppeteer/Universe/God... Esp. given the fact that you felt that glimmer of relief. Nice intuition. Timing's everything.
Sounds like it's for the best despite being disappointing. It really would have been too much all at once - makes me tired just reading that!
Hope you can just take it easy and respect the exhaustion.
That sucks, but I'm glad it frees you from a little stress in an already stressful time.
ohh so diappointing! sorry, and to make it worse, Ijust commented on that post being so excited for you, so ya, you can just go ahead and ignore that last comment!
I am glad you have the farm as a goal, cause you are right, it will totally come, maybe at a slower time in life!!
Oh, that's sad that the house didn't work out, but I have to hope that maybe you'll be able to catch it after foreclosure? Or that there is another farm out there for you.
You know... we have lots of farms here in NC (lots of CHEAP farms...). You could always come down here!
Post a Comment