Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ovarian Centrism

Looks like Lefty and Righty are vying for supremacy, with Lefty still in the lead (like a good pinko's left ovary should). I had, oh, four or five good looking blobs on Ovary Sinister, and a trio of cuties on Ovary Dexter. A pretty interesting balance of left and right worthy of a forced parliamentary coallition. Despite my slightly lower dose of stims, I'm producing about the same amount of eggs. This is clearly not my problem in the whole getting-pregnant-in-the-right-place-and-staying-that-way game.

My RE, just so y'all know, is pretty devil-may-care compared to others. When I made eight eggs last time--lord, I'm starting to feel like a friggin' goose--he was fine with me going ahead with an IUI. Does he look at me and say, "Hey, she's pretty prolific and looks like a good candidate for triplet pregnacy. Let's just see what the ol' mare does this time"? I don't know.

I'm feeling better today than I have since this cycle started. Let's hope this bright spot lasts a few days.

14 comments:

alicia said...

thats great that you are feeling good! I hope it lasts too :) yay ovaries for making nice eggs!!! keep growing little follies!

Stace said...

I hope it works for you! I have to laugh about your RE doing an IUI with 8 follicles... we just had to switch to IVF because, as of two days ago, we had like 3 or 4 vying for growth. (Course, by now we have more than 8... :))

Good luck!!!!

kate said...

See, you think you're pinko, but in fact, your body is showing itself to be one of those handshake-across-the-aisle bipartisan types.

You go, goose. Lay those eggs...

Lea said...

I hope you keep feeling good too! My RE is pretty conservative about the number of follies. Sometimes I wish he'd just say WTF, let's go for it! Best of luck to you!

Melanie said...

Those are some pretty prolific ovaries you've got going on. Your attitude sounds great, by the way, which is the only way to survive this crap.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the bright spot. Relish it.

annacyclopedia said...

Just as I was about to start letting my socialist bent run wild on your comments by cheering lefty on, I saw the follow up post. A move to the center is ok, too - although I'm very glad things are still left-leaning.

Weird, my lefty always wins the race.

Hope your abundant nest brings you the longed-for hatching in 9 months or so, and that the bright spot never, ever leaves you again.

Rebeccah said...

Thinking all kinds of good eggy thoughts for you!

Anonymous said...

Well, if you end up with really high order multiples, you can get your own show and TLC and it will more than pay for your new farm. :)

I am glad you are feeling good!

battynurse said...

Good luck. I've had friend who the doc went ahead with IUI even though there were 8 or 9 follicles. Me I never got more than 4 with injectibles (low doses maybe?).

the misfit said...

After watching so many people beat me in the "got-pregnant-first" contest, I've often thought it would be fun (in the gloating sense, not the physical comfort sense) to take a surprise come-from-behind lead with some serious multiples. Mature? Certainly not. But it DOES sound kind of entertaining!

Pamela T. said...

Well, speaking from the lefty point of view, I say go baby!

Malloryn said...

So far so good! Kudos to your ovaries for being so busy. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling more upbeat :)

Anonymous said...

Prolific... yes, that's what I like to hear. I'm so excited that you are growing them so well in there... that's a huge part of the battle in some cases so this is great! I'm sending your ovaries strict instructions to comply with the mandate to procreate.