We have struck the doula jackpot, my friends: The most experienced doula in town has agreed to take us on as clients. This woman is amazing--a PhD holding, research loving, humor-filled wonder of a gal who can cite the most recent study on breast feeding initiation or labor at the drop of a hat.
My husband and I feel so blessed. She doesn't take many clients anymore, but decided she'd like to work with us because I'm an old buddy of her daughter and because of our challenging past.
I feel like we're building an incredible team between our nurse midwife and doula. It is such a comfort to me, as the little anxiety tsunamis come and wash over me from time to time.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
That's wonderful news! I'm sure it will be reassuring to be surrounded and supported by these people.
That's so great! I am quite happy so far with our doula choice as well - she is also someone with a lot of experience and is closer to my mom's age than to my own, which is surprisingly important to me. There are quite a few doulas here, but many of them are much younger than I am - not to say that they aren't good at what they do, but I find the grounding presence of a middle-aged woman to be really helpful to me.
Congrats on the great find!
Glad you found someone who will work out great.
Awesome news on the doula. It sounds like you really do have a Wonder Team at the ready to deliver your kiddo. Woohoo!
YAY!!!!!! that is such great news, I am so happy for you!
Does this job come with a cape?
I am glad you found a doula!
how wonderful!!!!
does she have a t-shirt that says "superdoula?"
tee hee
That's great news. I hope that, with her support, you get the labour and birth you want.
"little anxiety tsunamis"
Ha! What a great phrase!
I'm glad you've got a good team to help you!
(Thanks for the commen you left me!)
Glad to hear you're feeling well supported!
Post a Comment