So, Bruiser is still doing well. Taking practice breaths, moving like crazy, good heart rate, growing at a consistent clip. He's just really, really small according to the ultrasound. Which is funny because my husband and I are pretty big and were big babies.
Am I having a hobbit?
My blood pressure was lower than last week, my placenta is about the same (still Grade II), no serious edema, nothing else to indicate problems (i.e. no protein in my urine). So, while the words "modified bed rest" have been tossed about, the word "induction" has been taken off the table for the time being. Sigh of relief.
I am performing at a big music festival Friday and Saturday, for about an hour each time. After that, I am going to put myself on semi-bed rest. I need it; I crave it.
One more week until we're term. Despite all the BS, I feel very, very lucky.
ETA: I just discovered several studies that show that being the survivor of a vanishing twin increases a kid's chances of being small. So maybe he's not a hobbit; he's just missing his twin.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
OMG. PLEASE have a Hobbit. That would be SO COOL.
Maybe he's going to be a famous snowboarder? (I'm thinking of Louie, the kid on Dancing With The Stars, who says "I'm 5'5" on a good day") Or a jockey? Or someone who's 6'5" tall and can share the anecdote, "But I was tiny at birth..."
Regardless, I'm thrilled that he's healthy, that you're close to term, and that you're craving semi-bedrest. Your body is telling you what you need, and you're listening.
Cheering 'til I'm hoarse for you and your growing family...
YAY Bruiser!! Keep on breathing and growin' and thrivin' buddy.
I'm so happy to hear that it's all lookin' good. I know a lot of babies that came out small and then caught up quickly. (Of course, I know that this is SO the least of your worries.)
Good luck this weekend with your performance!!
Yay Bruiser!!! I'm glad that he's doing well!
Hobbit, leprechan, whatever. As long as he is ok. And for what its worth - if you are going to push him out, on the smaller side isn't necessarily a bad thing!
Glad Bruiser is doing well and that induction has been taken off the table.
No, you're having a jockey.
Have fun at your concerts. And enjoy your sleep!
I haven't heard that about vanishing twins...my Adam was not a huge baby. But, go Bruiser! He sounds healthy and robust and you're gonna be a momma soon!
Good for Bruiser for kicking ass in there, despite being small. And good for you for taking such good care of little Bruiser.
I never knew that there was a link between size and being the survivor of a vanishing twin. Interesting.
I'm glad to hear that he's doing well! I'm getting so excited to read about THE big day :)
Post a Comment