Monday, July 28, 2008

Not spots, just nuts

No spotting here. Just me going insane, folks. Seriously, I think I completely hallucinated something a shade darker than beige at 5 am when I got up to finish a freelance assignment.

The follie check went fine. I'm still waiting for the RE's office to call with further instructions, but I think it will be stay the course with 150 IUs of Follistim. The u/s tech said that everything looks just like it should at this point in the cycle, with Rightie pulling into the lead with two 11 mm follies. Lefty still has a chance with two 7-9 cm guys, this being only Day 7.

As always, I felt disappointed. I realize it's because I've lived a life where most things I've bothered to do have been better than "looks good." But in this game, looks good is probably better than overachieving: The last thing we can handle is a canceled cycle due to a gazillion eggs or a ten thousand dollar OHSS debacle.

I feel like shit today, but I can't tell whether it's just lack of sleep, my cold, my swelling ovaries, or all of the above. Whatever it is, I hope it stops. I've call in sick to my part time job, in hopes of getting some rest and recovering some energy. I feel so out of it and achy...

9 comments:

annacyclopedia said...

Whew! That's good - one less thing to contend with right now.

Hope your sick day is doing you a lot of good.

kate said...

Heh. The bodily-fluid-hallucination game... I wonder if non-IFers ever do that?

Good news on the follies- nice and balanced, nothing too extreme or too lacking.

Sorry you feel crappy today. I highly recommend the rest/call-in-sick thing as an excellent way to recover from most anything.

alicia said...

ya with all those follies in there no wonder you are feeling out of it! I know the feeling, with all of the ones I have been toting around I feel heavy and bloated, I think they have finally been released though :) I hope for the best out come for you, you deserve it!

luna said...

glad there's no spotting. you're still way early in the cycle so your other follies could do surprising things. one of my sides caught up and surpoassed the other one in the last few days. stranger things have happened.

hope you feel better soon. the meds made me feel like crap, then I got a cold and felt worse. so rest and be well.

Denise said...

I've done that so many times. Your brain seriously plays tricks on you.

Hope the cold goes away soon and you're able to get some rest.

beautycourage said...

Hi there... hang in there!!! That all sounds better than "very good", you overachiever! The last thing you want is a canceled cycle due to overstimming (that happened to me with my first and only attempt at a medicated IUI, it was awful).

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy. I suspect the hyperstim medications to be contributing. I totally agree however, that "just good" is exactly what you need in this game. I don't want you to suffer the disappointment of over-hyperstimulation. Now if that's not a nonsensical concept, I don't know what is.

nancy said...

blech. Sucks to feel that way.

But GO FOLLIES! Not too many. Not too few. In fact, I'd be fucking freaked out with more than 3!

Pamela T. said...

Hope you get some rest so you can feel better...