- I cried when an Air Supply song came on the radio. Seriously.
- I ate two somewhat overcooked sausage biscuits procured with a madwoman's fervor from a fast-food establishment. Let me just say that as a somewhat vegetarian slow-food advocating future farmer, this is akin to apostasy.
- I really enjoyed aforementioned biscuits.
- I currently have what feels like a hot poker beating at my lower abdomen.
- My kingdom for a good number 2! Constipation and progesterone are totally evil twins in my body. (Excuse the TMI)
- Ummm... biscuits.
- I seem to have no desire (beyond biscuits) except to watch really, embarrassingly bad sci-fi. Which inevitably makes me cry.
- On the good sci-fi/crying front, I cried while watching the last episode of Battlest@r Galactica 4.0. When they find Earth, and it's all post-apocalyptic and the soil's all messed up and there's this bridge, broken and leading to nowhere...
- Sorry (sniff), where was I?
- I have dreamed every single friggin' night of pregnancy. I was 18 weeks, with twins, looking at a sonogram and worried about premature labor. My husband's real wife (don't ask, it was a wierd dream) was finally pregnant and I demanded he leave me for her. My fellow singer was pregnant with twins. What's next? Starbuck and Spock shopping for layettes, sporting huge bumps and devouring piles of biscuits?
- None of this means anything, except I'm pumping out ridiculous amounts of hormones. So I'm not fishing for speculations. Just sympathy. :(
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Luteal Lunacy
The ways I'm losing my mind are too many to narrate in my normal rambling prose. Add to that the low function of my brain at present, and you've got yourself one of those blog posts that somehow ties together the Knights Templar, tinfoil hats, New Mexican airplane hangars, and Texas book repositories. So, to the bullets:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Dammit, you. I got to the BSG part and had to stop reading. Crappola. Ok. You need to add "spoiler alert" in your title. But I'll give you a break. Your state completely TRUMPS my simple ol' PMS. You are forgiven. And who says there's anything wrong w/ being moved to tears by sci-fi? Or a McDonald's commercial? Or a Mickey D meaty goodness biscuit sandwich for that matter? I'm thinking the bullet pointed points point in the right direction. Hang in there!
While it WOULD be fun to speculate (and maybe type out inanity like "Baby Dust!" and "Remember, you are PUPO hun!"), I'll just go with sympathy. Especially in the no-number-two realm. I feel like one big commercial for Metam.cil from trigger onward. Blurgh.
Here's some sympathy! Hang in there... hoping these are good signs.
Please tell me that you did not cry during Yeti... because if you did, I officially declare you pregnant.
Today's word verification: hydri. Sounds like an infomercial product.
Yummm. Biscuits.
Mmm. Sausage biscuits. Oh, man, I love sausage biscuits. Maybe I'll stop for one on the way in to school on Thursday...
And I cried during the last Battlestar, too. I was just so pissed at Gaeta- I wanted to do physical harm to him in a very real way. I just cried and cried, 'cos it made me so angry. So, you're not alone on that point!
Best of luck making it through the hormonal nonsense. It sounds like it's at least entertaining...
Such memories this post brings back ... you have my condolences!!!
You lost me at crying over Air Supply. ; )
Hang in there!!
holy hormones batman!!!!
i really shouldn't complain about the clomid stupor that i'm in right now!
btw, at the end of my last cycle all i wanted to eat was sausage mc.muffins and i even went through the drive through after yoga class. now that's sacrilege!!!
hang on there buddy, i'm hoping all of craziness will bring good news soon!
Air Supply? Really? Aww, hon, you've got a bad case of the hormones. Ride it out. We're here with you.
Wowza, it sounds like this round is knocking you out. Plenty of sympathy dipped in chocolate, wrapped in red ribbons and brimming with flowers is heading your way. I know you really wished for the 2WW to be a little less of a rollercoaster, but it doesn't sound like that's happening, and I am really, really sorry for that! My only advice is to just do what makes you feel better and if that includes eating things that you wouldn't otherwise consider, do it and don't guilt yourself. I'm hoping that all of this agony is rewarded sooner, rather than later!
ps - I second the BSG spoiler alert! We are only half way through season 1!
Wow, you just made me laugh really hard. I get it, all of it. Especially the pooping part - I've only recently been able to poop without having to describe it as "harrowing." If you're still going to acupuncture, get her to work on points to relieve constipation - seriously, dude. The relief I've felt over the last two days has been worth all the money I've ever spent on acupuncture, even if I never wind up getting pregnant.
Hang in there, friend. You get plenty of sympathy from me.
doesn't sound all that crazy to me for a woman cycling. had to laugh at the slow food biscuit comment. hang in there!
Absolutely fabulous.
You gotta love sausage biscuit things at least until the abdominal pain kicks in. Sorry all the hormones are making you a bit nutty. Hang in there and hugs to you.
I'm sending you oodles of sympathy. Sometimes it's good to break down and eat something you know is bad for you, particularly during treatments when your body is kicking your ass from within.
I agree with your assessment of that episode of BSG. I've seen all of the new episodes so far, and the word that comes to mind is "rough".
Sympathy pointed in your direction. The situation must be pretty serious if you were driven to eat fast food sausage biscuits.
I'm reading this while I lick the remnants of an entire double portion of spinach artichoke dip from my fingers....glad to see I have a sausage biscuit kind of kinship going on with you.
Hormones stink worse than skunks.
eve from infertilityrocks.wordpress.com
Oh yes, no speculation, only sympathy! :)
I hope everything goes fantastically! I'm pulling for good signs. Really, really good signs! :)
Oh, and it would be fabulous if the cramps were only from progesterone! I hope you're right!
Post a Comment