Monday, March 2, 2009

The Ultrasound of Destiny

So, all morning, I was strangling the massive butterflies that had taken up residence in my stomach. I just knew something was going to turn out awful. I mean, that's what happens to people like me in this department, right?

Well, no. Wrong.

We have two heartbeats. In two embies, that is. One is a touch big for 6w5d, and one is a bit behind. Dr. Spunk thinks it's still very much a contender, but said he was "slightly concerned." I get a repeat u/s in a week (yeah!) and we'll see if Runty has made appropriate progress.

We celebrated by buying me some more bacon. For those of you in the right place for this, send your positive growing vibes to the Runt. Bruiser I'm not worried about, for some reason.

37 comments:

JellyBelly said...

that's awesome! two for the price of one! great news

loribeth said...

Twins!! Wow!! Grow, Runty, grow!!

Rachel said...

Yay!!! Such wonderful news.

Mrs.X said...

Holy crap! Congratulations! I'm sending lots of good vibes for the next ultrasound. Hopefully the little one will catch up.

I'm so happy for you!

Stace said...

YES! That's the best news!! I'm crossing my fingers for Runty (love the name). :)

the misfit said...

First of all, I love your post titles.

Second, I think I've been following your posts pretty closely (as in, I have read every single one without exception since I started blogging), and I swear I'd heard no mention of twins before. Was this the first time you found out?? WOW!!

Will pray for robust growth of smaller small child. With a few smaller prayers every now and again for the nicknames to stick, and "Bruiser" to come out as a dainty ballerina, and "Runty" as a defensive tackle.

alicia said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh twins!!!!!!! holy cow!!!!! sending runt some growing vibes! yay :)

Melanie said...

Ah, lovely, lovely news. I'm pulling for both embryos. There is nothing quite like it in the world to see two heartbeats flickering away. Glorious, just glorious!

Lea said...

Oh, what wonderful news. Congratulations!!! I will definitely be sending grow big and strong vibes to "Runty" (as you called him/her). Celebration is in order. Have some bacon for me. :)

Anonymous said...

so excited to hear good news! I am sure the Runt will be stronger by your next u/s. Very exciting!!

Malloryn said...

Oh that is very exciting! I'm sending lots of positive vibes for both of them :)

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats!

Do you think the Runt is laying low just to get you an extra ultrasound?

Good luck!!

Paula Keller said...

Oh my gosh! YAY!!!!

Did you hear me from Virginia?

YAY!!!!

Go Runty Go! :)

kate said...

Wow! OMG... just- WOW!!!!

Two is so freaking AWESOME! My goodness!

I'll be thinking good thoughts for Runty.

'Murgdan' said...

OMG! YAY! Cheering them both on for a starring performance next week! Holy CRAP! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Hopefully you can coax Runt into growing with the promise that there will be lots and lots of bacon... If I were an embie, that would convince ME. Okay, this has taken an entirely inappropriate turn.

Suffice to say... 1) congratulations! 2) Bacon=wonderful. 3) Go, Runt, go!

Anonymous said...

Such great news. I have my fingers crossed for both of them.

Denise said...

Two heartbeats! Sending lots of growing vibes...come on Runt!

Me said...

Congrats darlin!

luna said...

wow, go runty and bruiser!

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Awr ... Shinejil! Such wonderful news!!! And I'll be rootin' for Runty. I'll be summoning a little of U2's "Two Hearts Beat as One" ...

judy said...

grow runty grow! I am a new reader and absolutely thrilled for you!
Judy
http://averyopenbook.wordpress.com/

Heidi said...

Weeeehaaaa!! Grow Runt Grow!!

(ps, my validation word is pressin...you just keep pressin on woman!)

Geeks in Rome said...

you must be so relieved to have seen them and know they are nesting in the right place! Hooray peeps!!

Bruiser -- i love it :)

I have high hopes for Runt. My daughter is runty and that means she's also spunky. (compensates for her petite size by being brash, bold and guffawingly happy)

Good Luck to everyone and here's to a great ultrasound next week.

Ms Heathen said...

What amazing news!

Sending many, many positive vibes for both of them.

the Babychaser: said...

That's such fantastic news. You're holding up so well!

Thanks for the follitism offer. Unfortunately, J needs bravelle or menapur.

Sending out good vibes for Runty--and a few for his big bro/sis who's getting no attention right now. Sucks to be a twin.

Joonie said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! Sending all the positive vibes I can muster for Runty! Grow baby Grow!

battynurse said...

Wow!!! How exciting!!

nancy said...

Woohoo! Weird, I just blogged about twins. Congrats! I'm definitely not surprised - doing an IUI with so many follicles was totally going to result in more than 1!

Good luck for Runty!!!

annacyclopedia said...

Wow! I just snorted in surprise - I didn't see that coming at all. I'm sending positive growing vibes to Runty and to Bruiser as well, and to you, too. Wishes for all the bacon and fish soup and nausea calming remedies you ever need!

Jess said...

Here from the L&F...CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK to RUNTY! :)

Io said...

!!!
I am so glad you got some heartbeat action! I'll be pulling for Runty McRunt to catch up there.

And speaking of bacon...want to come up sometime and have the most amazing rich lamb bacon?

G$ said...

Yay! good news! I will keep Runty in my thoughts :)

Heather said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'll be praying for the two of them!

lostintaipei said...

OMG, Shinejil. I think I had to read that 3x. I just so didn't see that coming! Whuhooooooo!!! STRENGTH to the little one. Wow. Congrats.

Amanda said...

Here from LFCA

Yay for twins!

My "runt" that I was told wasn't going to make it is now bigger than his brother at a week shy of 3 months old. I have hope for your and your little ones!

C said...

congratulations! i am sending good ju ju your way!