The antibiotics are working their grody magic, and even though I hate eating at the moment, I'm feeling way better. Life seems more or less worth living again. It didn't earlier this week.
I've got a appointment with my RE in mid-July to prepare me for my new needly hobby, a week after I go back to have the Node of Doom checked. So not one but two more visits to the awful, no-good waiting room of my stupid obgyn's practice. It's that or drive 70 miles one way to a childfree space. I'll take the cheaper emotional torture, thanks.
I'm praying that Dr. Spunk (RE) doesn't get in a tizzy about the NoD. I'm also hoping that the NoD doesn't need to be removed surgically--hey, this happened recently to a colleague/friend, so I'm not just engaged in idle speculation.
Wouldn't that be tops? I finally screw up the courage to get fertility treatments big time, and I can't. I'm laughing, Universe, I really am.
On a more poetic note, last night we had a big thunderstorm sweep in, removing the funky Midwest summer dank from the air, and got a glimpse of fireflies in lightning. That, and the sound and smell of the rain, was almost enough to make us put our Battlest@r Gallactic@ viewing on hold. Yes, my guy and I are huge, proud nerds, though my appetite for grandiose sci-fi and fantasy is bigger than my man's. We even accidentally invented a dessert to go with them. One evening, I fiddled around with bananas frozen on chopsticks, coated (ungracefully but tastily) in dark chocolate with little bits of raw cashews.
Behold: the bananastar gallactica.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am salivating. I love the name too! You should patent that puppy!
That's the first good belly-laugh of the week. The Golden Belly-Laugh Award goes to Shinejil!
Hehehehe. Bananastar galactica.
I'm glad you feel life might be worth living after all. Keep that up if you can!
Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better, and loving the sound of the bananastar gallactica!
Heh. Bananastar Galactica...
Hey, wait a minute... are new shows starting again so soon? Or are you watching DVDs/Tivo?
ha ha you are so funny! I am glad you feeling better and that you are going to be taking the next IF step! scary, but exciting!
Post a Comment