...and the thrilling glucose threat test. I must admit: It is awful. Especially the first nauseating, so dizzy I might faint in the waiting room hour. I'm still not feeling right, several hours and several bowls of chickpeas and basmati rice later. That glucose drink is pure fruity evil.
Yesterday was lovely, again, thanks to my guy. He did not make any great plans--alas, the dude's been working 11 hours a day--but after our birth class, we stopped at this amazing little apple tree growing unnoticed at the edge of a university parking lot. We blasted Bach from the car stereo and collected windfall apples, as well as a few I managed to get down from the tree itself. Ever see a pregnant lady climb a tree? It's really funny.
Then for some reason we decided to stop by a park on the edge of town which has the most amazing playground, one scaled so that adults as well as kids can go nuts. It backs on this tall stand of trees which were all netted with hundreds of fireflies. So we talked, climbed, and swung before heading home.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Lovely day. I'm glad that you're so happy... and have so much to be happy about!
Ah. Sounds like a perfectly lovely evening. H and I have enjoyed sitting out in our side yard in the evenings where we can watch the fireflies gather in the woods behind the house and listen to the cicadas. Very peaceful.
I also am not looking forward to the GTT. I had one with my regular endocrinologist, and it was not fun.
Glad yesterday was good for you. Sounds like a wonderful time!
Sounds like a lovely day. Except for the excessively sugary part, of course.
That sounds like a great evening. Hope the results from the test are ok.
Sounds lovely. Are apples already ripe? I thought I had at least another month to wait! Pie is coming...
Sounds like a mostly great time, minus the yucky fruity drink and nausea that usually comes with it.
mmmm. so like the sound of that!
That sounds like a great time (except for the glucose test of course)! I'm smiling at the thought of a pregnant woman climbing trees :)
Apples and fireflies sound so amazingly lovely. We don't have fireflies here, but it makes me miss Japan a lot, cause summer is the firefly season. Near my house was a firefly park that someone had made on their family property - just a beautiful garden with ponds and trees and flowers, but you could go and visit it at night during the summers and there were fireflies everywhere. Magic.
Post a Comment