My guy has been doing some of the sweetest things for me of late. Since we can't afford a vacation or babymoon or whatever, he's been secretly plotting various local outings and taking me on all sorts of adventures. My old adventures all involved really, really long walks or something of that nature, and they just don't happen anymore.
But he's found some new ones. Despite the peal of thunder that woke us at 5 am, he drove us down to our local reservoir and rented a little fishing boat. He packed a picnic of yummy treats. We hit the water, under overcast, cloudswept skies and had a great few hours tootling around the lake, watching the birds and fish. We got caught in several rainstorms and ate our picnic merrily under some trees as lightning flashed across the sky. I nearly puked and begged for mercy as we attempted to return to the marnia while my husband slammed us with great male glee through white capped swells stirred up by the inexplicable Midwestern wind. This last bit, I don't recommend it.
Yes, I went boating with my man in a thunderstorm. It was great. I feel great.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
sounds like a lot of fun!
i don't know about where you are, but we're drowning in rain! it's been so cool that we haven't even had to consider our a/c! the upside is that we haven't had to water our grass and our plants look great.
your guy sounds so sweet. i'd much rather have little things like boat rides in the rain than any fancy stuff!
Sounds wonderful!
What a sweet hubby you have! Well, except for the happiness through the swells. But boys will be boys, I guess.
Sounds like a fun outing for you!
Your husband needs to give mine some tips!
Your husband is awesome. That sounds like a fabulous day! Except the seasickness, of course. I suppose he might have realized that turbulent water + lunch + pregnant wife wasn't an auspicious combination, but his boundless zeal is really endearing.
What a great guy. It all sounds great except maybe for that part about sitting under trees in a thunderstorm. The rain sounds ok though.
I love being out in the rain sometimes! It's great that your guy has been planning these little outings for you. It sounds like this last trip was a lot of fun, except for those white caps.
Ooh. That sounds lovely. There's a local lake (manmade, I'm sure) where you can rent boats in the summer. Maybe we'll do that one of these weekends, esp as H really loves the water.
This sounds fantastic. I hope you enjoyed the storms yesterday too and they didn't knock anything out down there!
So fun! Your husband really really needs to talk to mine ...
Glad you didn't get hit by lightning : )
Post a Comment