I'm feeling much better. Yesterday was our anniversary. We celebrated it by going out to a very beautiful little nature preserve near where my man grew up. It's on the bend in a creek, where limestone bluffs tower over the water and hundreds of flowers were blooming in the lowlands among long, green grass. The sun was going down, making all the blue bells, violets, and wood poppies glow faintly. It was very quiet out there. We decided to go out to our favorite French bistro this weekend, and to go on a little adventure sometime in the near future. We also discussed future big adventures to the wilds of the East.
My guy said something so sweet, something to the effect that while I had a real adventuresome part of me that couldn't be contained, he felt he had sent that side of himself into deep dormancy, and it was time perhaps to wake it up a bit. Though the logistics are complex, he actually seemed excited by the prospect of wandering the Obscure Corner of the World a bit together.
Now, about far more important matters: the bra of which I spoke. It is a Hind Motion Adjust bra, and for me it works well. It's got little cups like a swimsuit with ample room to accommodate my small boobs--I mean, I'm B on a good day. However, for ladies with more generous busts, it may not be the answer. There were a lot of cool, fancy running bras with individual, shaped cups that looked like potentially back and boob-saving devices worth trying on at least.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love your descriptions of nature: you must live in paradise (and that's why we never run into each other. hah)
re bras: For fuller figure gals there is something called "The Last Resort" put out by Enell. I've never tried it, but you can read about it here http://dir.salon.com/story/mwt/feature
/2005/07/27/
object_lust10/index1.html
Ooh. That sounds like a lovely way to spend your anniversary. Our wedding anniversary is in December- well, actually, we have two- one in early November and one in late December, neither of which is conducive to creekside picnicing. Oh, well.
I'm trying to find something creative to do for my husband's 40th birthday, which is this July. I had thought about taking him to the beach (because he LOVES the water), but it's too expensive and too hot at that time of year. Maybe I'll take him to Asheville instead. It'll be so much cooler up in the mountains.
And yes, I will have to check out that bra. I have largish boobs, but I'm willing to try anything at this point!
Yay! Happy anniversary!
And yay for finding a good bra - I get way too excited when I find a bra I like and buy a bunch of the same one.
What a lovely anniversary that sounds like; I love that you both enjoy going out into nature and into the world together. It's so fun and uplifting to think about/plan trips to the Far Reaches together. Happy Anniversary to you!
Sounds like a wonderful day you had yesterday. Happy belated anniversary!
That does sound like a beautiful anniversary. Congratulations!
And thanks for sharing the bra info - sounds great. I'm of the small boobie-ed variety myself, and the smooshy types work well enough but they can get pretty uncomfortable at times. I will definitely try to track one down.
Glad you are feeling better, although bummer about your TSH. Hope that gets sorted out soon.
happy anniversary! it sounds perfectly lovely. and it sounds like you have some happy planning to consider also. ~luna
Post a Comment