Cold, especially cold wind, taxes plants. But despite temperatures dipping near the fateful freezing mark, the blossoms in our backyard are holding on. This makes me happy.
Something else that makes me happy: We owe fewer taxes than we thought we would. With the stimulus checks, we'll be just fine. Though I have to say, you'd be amazed at how much you can owe as a grad student.
Finally, good news on the hooha front: no spotting yet this cycle. For this, I am grateful. It's CD 17, and nothing midcycle (which I've had for years, even before the really creepy spots appeared). Just nice egg whitey stuff. And I feel so good physically.
Damn it, feeling good is so boring.
The singing group I'm in is preparing for our big concerts this Friday and Saturday. Everyone is on edge, especially because one member has an OCD-type personality and has trouble with delegating responsibility. Or, actually, she can delegate, but then she just redoes everything herself. I've somehow managed to keep myself out of the drama zone, but we've got two mega-rehearsals this week and I don't know how long my composure will last. How does every supposedly pleasant activity turn from art into bizarre playgrounds of the ego?
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Bizarre playgrounds of the ego - great phrase. I agree - it is weird how things can shift into crazy drama so easily. I don't understand why so many people seem to prefer the struggle to the enjoyable activity.
Thanks for the suggestion of doing temping. Deathstar's link to cheap peesticks also has cheap BBTs, so I think I will pick one up. For all my granola-ness, you'd think I've had done this long ago just for fun, but I just felt like it would remind me of not being pregnant. And I was probably right. But I do wish I had done it before now - seems like I suddenly have a lot to learn!
Hurray for no spotting! That's such great news, and you sound so upbeat and healthy. That makes me happy.
I'd be interested to hear more about the singing group, and what kinds of music you sing. Let us know how the concert goes!
What excellent news on the money and the hooha front - but, thankfully, not the two together. And thank goodness you've been spared the dreaded spotting.
As someone with classic OCD, my only assvice is to smile and nod at her and then quietly do it yourself. She will be so frazzled, she won't notice a thing. Either that or she'll reach the point where she just doesn't care anymore.
Yay for no spotting! Yes, feeling good is boring. But in a good way.
We owe less in taxes than we expected too and it is a relief, isn't it? I think maybe DH just overestimated in telling me what he thought we'd owe the first time, so as to manage my expectations properly. Smart man.
It may be boring but it's a safe place to be.
I hope you had a great performance!
Post a Comment