Monday, May 19, 2008

Ah, That's the Ticket

Finally. My face looks basically normal. My boils are drying up and in some places fading. I slept through the night without waking to rake my nails over my tortured skin. It's the small things in life that breed gratitude. That, and your kind and teasing comments about my temporarily deformed state.

Yesterday, after missing three days of training for the triathlon, I biked 10 miles and ran about three. Not bad, considering how my upper thighs were several inches more in diameter thanks to the puffiness. I decided to skip today's swim, though. I mean, would you want to float along next to Ms. Puffy, covered in oozing sores?

I didn't think so.

9 comments:

kate said...

Aww. Sorry about the teasing. But, no. I totally wouldn't want to swim next to oozy-boily girl. I applaud you getting out and working out at all in your be-itched state. Good on you!

I'm very happy for your reduction in swelling, but will miss searching the internet for images of funny looking eyeware.

nancy said...

oh boy. I don't think I could handle swimming next to an oozer.

Denise said...

I'm glad things are looking better and you're able to start getting back to normal activity. But your comment about the oozing sores in the pool-quite the visual!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you have been going through this. What a lousy way to start the spring and interrupt your lovely spring. And to interrupt your training-- which, by the way, you go girl. I'm so impressed!

luna said...

so glad you are feeling better. can't believe you could train in recovery though. that's serious commitment.

annacyclopedia said...

Glad things are calming down on your face. You are so my hero for returning to your training regimen with any lingering puffiness. I'm so lazy that I would take the whole episode as a sign from G*d that I shouldn't be entering a triathlon in the first place!

the Babychaser: said...

Damn. That's impressive. Believe me, if I were be-puffed I wouldn't have done ANY of that! Keep up the hard work. Your body must LOVE you.

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Hmmm ... swimming next to an oozer? The visual alone has got me quivering with yuckiness!

Glad you're feeling better though.

Mrs. Spit said...

I think those signs in the pool, maybe, well maybe they were talking about, well you know.

Glad you are healing. Out of curiosity, does the sun help at all? My cancerous leprosy like rash (yep, that's the technical term) always got better in the sun.