My dear guy and I have discussed taking what, for lack of a better term, I'll call a "mini-break" from medical treatment after my surgery. I know I'm nuts, but I just want to see what happens for a month or two after the polyps go to endometrial Valhalla. I want to garden, start a new phase on my dis that involves intense amounts of writing, not have hot flashes at major academic conferences or our group's big concert, and see what's up with my old pal Spot.
Moreover, my acupuncturist has promised to dope me up on some serious babymaking Chinese herbs and hit me with her super needle of conception doom.
Then, in May or June depending on our finances, feelings, health, and gluttony for punishment, we'll return to the Clomid/seed injection strategy. Give that a few more whirls. Go from there.
I just don't care anymore. I mean, I care enough to show up on time at the hospital, etc. But not much more than that.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I for one think that's an excellent idea. Having been on the battle field a little R&R is a good thing. It will give you some breathing room and allow you to enjoy other aspects of your life.
What you say makes a lot of sense. I feel the same way. If this cycle doesn't work out, I'm also taking a break. A couple of months at least. I always thought I would power right through until success, but I'm tired and I miss myself. I think you have a very healthy attitude. In fact, that's one of the reasons I enjoy your blog so much; you're not babydimensional.
I don't think that's a bad idea at all. It might be good to give your body a break after the surgery. Plus it sounds like you have a lot on your plate (as always) and it might be good emotionally.
Excellent idea. Breaks like this really help you get perspective and remember that there is a life outside of infertility. Enjoy!
Good luck on your break. I know they are brutally hard! It sounds like you think its a good idea for the 2 of you, so do it then! Thanks for your comment about my house!
http://aliciamillis.typepad.com/alicia/
Hey, you might need a month or two to get a normal cycle from your surgery anyway.
I hope everything goes well. Your surgery is Thursday, right?
I agree with the above ladies. I like your attitude... and your blog. How do I add you on my list? (I'm new at this blogging virgin as you can tell)
Mrs X makes a good point about life outside of fertility. I've put everything else on hold this year and I'm losing my identity. I think a mini-break would do a psyche good. Enjoy.
I love your idea, and I think it's excellent that you both have come to that conclusion. You do have other pieces of your life as well, and I think a break will be so beneficial to you. Focus on the joy of spring gardening, and flexing your mind with your dis work. And I think your intuition is telling you that you are fertile; this may be the time, when you are relaxing and thinking of other pleasant things in life, that the polyp removal and the acupuncture treatments may all come together. It all feels like the right timing to me.
Breaks can be a good thing. : )
Post a Comment