Monday, September 22, 2008

Alive!

I finally feel human. It's great to be me again, to see some hope and joy in things.

My meat treatment continued through the weekend, and was supplemented by a hearty dose of various fumes, mortors, and paint all over my feet. Satan has left the bathroom, and it's now a work in progress toward clean, white, attractive happiness. We also fixed some nasty problems with our subfloor in another room, repaired the fireplace mortor, and did a variety of other little odds and ends.

My poor guy is still having GI trouble, and has gone back to see his doc this morning. Please send him your good wishes for healing and peace. I've been trying to calm him down, help him relax a bit until he gets some answers as to why he's still not feeling right. Now that I'm not so sick, I have a lot more to give him, and I plan to do so.

ETA:
Guy not dying, per doctor. The worst has more or less been ruled out (again), but still no insight into the general crappy feeling. Good thing there's still lots of tiling to do. Hopefully I can keep my guy distracted...

8 comments:

Malloryn said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! Who would've thought the meat diet could be so helpful, but then anything that is making it a little bit easier to get through this has to be a good thing.

Can you guys stop by and fix up our bathrooms too? ;)

I'm sending my best wishes to your guy for his GI troubles. I'm glad that you're in a better place to help him.

Ms Heathen said...

So glad you're feeling better, shinejil! But sorry to hear that your hub isn't feeling so great - I hope he gets some answers/remedies from his appointment this morning.

annacyclopedia said...

Whew! Sounds like a busy weekend, but glad that you're feeling more energy after such a long time feeling craptacular. I will be keeping your guy in my thoughts and prayers and will send him energy for healing and peace in the meantime.

As for our soil, it is pure prairie gumbo - solid clay. But I have raised beds that are full of nice soil, to which I had healthy amounts of compost every year. I'm all about the raised beds - higher yields in a smaller space with fewer weeds. Doesn't get much better than that.

Mrs.X said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are feeling better. Isn't it amazing how feeling physically better translates into all around better? I tend to forget that until I feel like crap.

As for your man, sending lots of soothing vibes. As a sufferer of 'gut' problems myself, I found that the single biggest factor in what it does is how stressed or upset I am, as if being stressed and upset wasn't enough.

Io said...

Be GONE Satan! (Io hits your bathroom on the forehead and it staggers back, miraculously tiled.)

Geeks in Rome said...

healing love being sent to yr suffering hubby. Mine, too, had such a stressful year that he had to have all that GI ick done to him this summer. Just getting news all was negative was enough to make a lot of his symptoms go away (dreading the worst/anxiety was causing most of the problem.)

I hope he can get things sorted out and you can get some needed sympathy, too!!

alicia said...

poor guy! I am sending peace and healing vibes to him!

and yay for you! I am so glad to read your cherry voice! I know that sounds weird, but I can so hear your happy tone in your words, which brings a smile to my face!

JellyBelly said...

it must be getting colder because all i want to eat is red meat!

i'm so glad that you're feeling better!