Monday, September 15, 2008

Bullet points

  • Tomorrow, I get to go the dentist. I mean, one of my orifices needs to be poked and prodded at all times, and since the lower one's done hogging the spotlight, it's time for the teeth to get their due. I'm *this close* to having a shiny new implant to fix the genetically deformed tooth from hell. Soon I'll look sort of normal!
  • Still bleeding, still tired, but feeling better.
  • Mega-walk not scheduled until October. But we did go on a hike this weekend, which was lovely but now I'm covered in horrid chigger bites. I look like I've got the plague again, though only from the waist down.
  • Finally, finally bought paint, tile, and so on to redo what we call our "Satanic bathroom." Satanic because it has scary Carlos-Casteneda-meets-Ozzy-Osborne bright red and black vinyl floors. This was formerly covered in musty brown shag carpet, which harmonized so nicely with the pink swan wallpaper and the red and white vanity. The wallpaper, peeling off the walls, and the carpet went immediately, so now we have mint green walls and hell-red floors... In short, puke. Soon, it will be white tile floors, off-white walls, tasteful new light fixtures, and so forth.
  • My guy's not out of the woods yet with his anxiety, but Saturday we had a genuinely fun day together. So there's light emerging in the pit of despair.

6 comments:

alicia said...

Oct sounds like a great time for a huge walk!

yay for renos! can we see pics?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better and your beta is falling.

Chiggers suck. I have only had one serious infestation of them and they are miserable.

JellyBelly said...

sounds like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. big hugs to you!

Io said...

I'm glad it's starting to get a bit better for your big bear man.
And whoot for renovations and non-yokel teeth!

Ms Heathen said...

Glad to hear that the dark clouds are slowly beginning to clear.

Best of luck with the bathroom revamp!

loribeth said...

Did I mention I'm also in the middle of a bathroom reno? Exchanging early-80s beige (rusting/mildewed & leaking around the caulking) tub & yellowing, mildewed acrylic panels for new white acrylic tub & ceramic tiles, being installed by stepBIL. New toilet & sink/vanity to come later. Sayonara also to the wallpaper my parents put up 10 years ago for us -- it's nice stuff, but starting to peel in certain spots. I think we'll stick with paint from now on... Everything is covered in drywall dust at the moment. It's one time when I'm glad I don't have a baby or toddler underfoot!!

Good luck!