I may blabber a bit more later today. I'm back home, I'm alive, I'm even feeling a little better.
Just to show you how funny it all can be, I also seem to have a yeast infection. I know, hilarious, right?
I went to see the farm with my guy. It's awesome. We're going to go take a look as soon as the listing agent can meet us out there. Lovely 1880s house, five or six outbuildings, nice open land, middle of nowhere. Some issues (cistern system instead of a well, 100 amp box) but very intriguing and the right price.
No matter what happens with this place, we've decided we're going to invite our realtor out to tell us what we need to do to sell our house. We're going to start a farm, folks.
Academia be damned.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
That's so exciting. :D
The farm sounds so great. I'm really happy for you that you're moving ahead with this dream. Life always gets better when we start taking steps towards the things that make our hearts sing.
And a big "Boo! Hiss!" for your yeast infection. If you haven't yet been introduced to the highly effective horrors of grapefruit seed extract, I highly recommend you check it out. Worst tasting thing on earth, but will knock the yeasties down and out.
glad you're feeling a little better. for some more assvice, add some pure cranberry juice to that grapefruit seed extract to cure the yeasties.
very exciting about the farm. I imagine you'll be very happy as a farmer.
Sounds great. You need something good right now!
So, how many guest rooms does it have? ;-)
yupppeee!!! I am so excited for you! finally something you want to do is actully working out, this is what you need! something to look forward too! :)
woohoo for the farm!
and guess what? i have a yeast infection too! i'm at the tail end of my antibiotics and my itchy poon is driving me crazy!!!! maybe we can get a group discount on the monistat?
That's so great...sounds like a good fresh start to me.
Yeast=Yuck.
A farm sounds great!! A yeast infection doesn't.
I am glad you are feeling ok.
Well YAY!!! (for the farm, I mean. not the yeasties!)
The farm sounds amazing! I am so so sorry about the ectopic. I didn't have a chance to see your other posts until now. As a two time IVF ectopic surviver I just wanted to tell you my heart goes out to you. It's just so insane to get an ectopic and have to get that metho shot. Please take care!
So glad you're feeling a little better. Congrats on the farm decision. That's so cool!
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, but sorry to read about the yeast infection.
The farm sounds amazing! Far more exciting than academia!
Get thee to the farm! I think that it is wonderful that you are taking this step. It is so important while you are dealing with IF to have those other goals and fulfill them.
As for your hooha, I think you need to have a serious discussion with it about it's less than stellar performance and current state. That is just unacceptable. :)
Good luck on betting on the farm! Sorry, I had to work in another one.
Dude. I totally got online and started looking for farms for you. Proof that I need another hobby.
How much land are you going for?
And seriously? A yeast infection? That blows.
I'm catching up after having family visiting, and reading what you just went through just made me cry. I'm so sorry. So, so, so sorry. I know it's late, but there it is. And I'm happy you are moving forward with the farm. It's going to be a new chapter that will usher in even better chapters.
I second the post about how many guest rooms does it have. Sounds wonderful. The ectopic, less wonderful. Hope you're healing and on your way. And rid of the evil infection.
Post a Comment