Thursday, September 4, 2008

When does it end?

...the feeling shitty, I mean. Oh, I know the sorrow and anger goes on and on. I can deal with that (you forget, I've lived in Eastern Europe, where wrestling with such emotions is a high art). But my body. It's just cached, dude. I'm exhausted, weepy, nauseous, exhausted, irritable, and did I mention--exhausted.

I took the day off yesterday and slept. Today, I could have easily done the same, except my mind would have begun to mutiny. This is far, far more depressing to me than the pregnancy disaster, for which I never had much hope.

I had my follow-up blood test today. Pray that I don't have to get another butt shot. And that I begin to feel human again soon.

2 comments:

Io said...

I totally read the first couple of sentences and, as I have been stewing over politics all day, I was like - Grrrl, I FEEL you. I am sick over this shit. Sick!

Um, yeah. And then I realized you had like actual real crappy emotional and physical things to feel bad about.
I hope the physical crap passes quickly and there are no more bum shots.

annacyclopedia said...

I'm really hoping you don't have to suffer another butt shot, and that all the crappiness passes soon. I promise there will be an end to this - unfortunately, I can't tell you when it will come.

And I totally agree - Palin's voice is the auditory equivalent of tinfoil-chewing. I didn't know that about the "bridge to nowhere" - but it doesn't surprise me one bit. People who like to trumpet how much they challenge the status-quo are generally power-hungry idiots with a serious sense of entitlement and hypocrisy, much like the way Palin comes across to me.

Hope you have some good distractions and your human-ness re-emerges very soon.