Warning: whining ahead.
I think I've lost several IQ points with each passing day. Really: I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time, where I am--and forget knowing why I'm somewhere doing something. It's a bit unnerving.
My two obsessions--sleep and food--rule my life. Yesterday, I literally curled up on the floor of an unassigned office at the university and slept so deeply, I slobbered all over the carpet. I'm dead to the world from 2-7 PM every day, which, of course, is when I have my class starting in a week and a half. I just don't know how I'm going to make it through 2.5 hours, twice a week, of lecturing on Mongolian history, and without coffee.
Sure, it's for a good cause. And my husband has been wonderful. And a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this.
But it's still kind of depressing: I've turned into a stupid slacker. Does it get a bit better?
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey, maybe while you're lecturing you should incentivize yourself with bacon. Just keep some on the desk/lectern and subtly enjoy a bite for every 15 minutes you mange to remain on-track (or at least conscious enough to appear on-track)? Just an idea.
So happy for you, by the way.
it's like reading one of my own posts. i know the feeling lady. what i wouldn't give for a small cot under my desk for the afternoon hours.
I have given up coffee (all but ONE measly cup in the morning) in preparation for IVF... it is KILLING me. I can't imagine being pg on top of it! Good luck to you!
It does get better, promise. I'm not going to lie and say it will be tomorrow, but in a month or two, you should pass the zombie-sleep stage.
The short answer is yes, it does get better. The tiredness will lift.
And I always found that something (adrenaline perhaps) kicked in and I could make through a 3 hour class, even if I did feel the need to go home and go straight to bed afterwards!
Glad to hear that you are giving in to the urge to sleep - sometimes we just need to listen to what our bodies are telling us.
good for you, getting rid of the coffee. you're probably feeling more effects from that than from being pregnant. I had awful caffeine withdrawal when I quit 8 years ago. It took a month to feel alert and rested.
It was the best thing i did even though it was really hard (I live in Italy dammit, home of cappuccinos and espressos!!!!)
Post a Comment