- Consult Dr. Google for success statistics;
- Fall into abject despair over success rates, the lady who gushed about how great giving birth was, the hostess at the restaurant rubbing her belly, etc;
- Eat biscuits/gnocchi/fish soup in great quantities;
- Notice how much weight you've put on for no good reason;
- Notice how, at least, you finally have something akin to cleavage;
- Look at triplet blogs;
- Scream, "I don't care what happens; JUST GET ME OUT OF HERE!"
- Stagger restlessly around house, reeling from cabin fever due to -8 air temps;
- Try cocoa. Even cocoa fails;
- JUST LIKE YOUR CYCLE...
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Recipe for the perfect 2ww meltdown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
ahhh breathe girl!! take a deep breathe and then go for a nice drive :) i think that will help. and stay away from Dr google and all the triplet blogs!!
Sounds about right! I hope this wait cuts you some slack.
Isn't the TWW sucky!! I always hated that part. Dumb thing is that I keep thinking I want to be back there. But I don't. But I do. Agghhh!!!
Hang in there, I hope the rest goes by quickly with very good results. Hugs to you.
my poor Shinejil- yes, that is the recipe for a perfect meltdown...
here's to hoping that your remaining 2ww days pass quickly and allow you to get away from the crazies!
Oh, shit, Shinejil. I totally get it. In fact, I'm having a mini meltdown today and I haven't even started my 2ww for this cycle yet. All the pineapple upside down cake in the world isn't helping.
Hope the drive helps.
Yup, the 2ww is HELL!!! I'll be there in 2 weeks.
I think you need more chocolate than cocoa.
OH hon, it's awful. It sounds awful and it is awful. I'm so sorry, I wish I could swing by and take you for an exhilerating ride on a winding road in Butter. With all the windows open in -8 degree weather-- that would be truly exhilerating, no? There's nothing really that makes it easier, it's just a matter of bearing it. I wish there was a way to make it over with a big BFP.
Today's word verification: hotedi
Recipe for retaining your sanity:
1) STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!
2) Have large, very large cup of hot chocolate, preferably with large marshmallows floating on the top.
3) Curl up with warm, furry mammal - husband or cat - and snorgle at will.
4) Recognize that this is not you, it's the drugs.
5) Take extra good care of yourself and try to be in the moment.
6) Send Mrs. X hate mail for posting such a nauseating list.
7) Repeat.
What an excellent recipe. Just throw in a dash of whiskey and ingnite.
Sorry that this part is hard, though. Heeeey... if one of us invents the perfect coping technique for the TWW, she can patent it and spend the proceeds on getting everyone else knocked up, right? Will get right on that...
In the meantime, thinking about you!
ah yes, the 2ww sucks -- a terrible mindf*ck.
hope you've got some other things to do next.
And cocoa ALWAYS helps... :(
poor shinejil!!!!!
try a chocolate fondue, maybe your chocolate concentration wasn't high enough!!!! ;)
Blah!!! stay away from breakables! is the creepy cabin anything like Jacob's house on Lost???
hang in there lady. it just sucks, no way around it. i vote for naps. lots and lots of naps.
The only thing I can think to cure the 2 WW insanity is to find yourself a time-traveling DeLorean, set that baby 2 weeks into the future and get yourself up to 88 mph in a mall parking lot.
Hang in there. I've so been where you are and it's the pyschological equivalent of 1,ooo unreachable mosquito bites.
eve from infertility rocks!
Sigh.
Post a Comment