Tuesday, August 26, 2008

BAHHHHHAAHAH!

That incoherent cry of anguish is the sound of my brain, trying to process the fact that my hCG just shot up to the 400s.

Ectopic? Slow starter? Freak of nature?

Anybody got any insight/hopeful tales/delusional rantings that might distract me until Thursday morning's date with the wand?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar situation a year and a half ago. My beta started at 16. It doubled, dropped and shot up. I bled for days and had one of the heaviest periods ever as my beta fell. Nothing was ever found, but I had significant pain in my right side and there was nothing in my uterus. My diagnosis was a smoldering ectopic and I was treated with methotrexate.

I hope for you that this is just a slow starter and that it just took a little while to get his act together.

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to email me.

Denise said...

Whoa.

I am horrible at distraction. In fact, I usually rely on your crazy stories to distract me.

And now you have me hooked on this story...

Mrs.X said...

Holy crap! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts that this is the surprise sleeper of the year and you really, truly have a keeper. Just breathe, honey, that's all you can do.

N said...

I have no experience or tales for you, but I can definitely hang on to some hope over here for you.

annacyclopedia said...

What a thing! I have only delusional rantings for you - today during my acupuncture session, my head felt like a cast iron Japanese temple bell. It was literally hurting my forehead (I was lying face down) because it felt so heavy. Completely weird.

That is all.

Oh, and I completely love you more than ever because not only did you write a sonnet, but you wrote an especially good sonnet. Swoon.

'Murgdan' said...

"Return to me, I beg of you:"
I was thinking something like this might happen when I read that line...
Hmmmmmm.
Maybe Thursday will be around...ohhhh...800??????
I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat...though I'm sure you will be slightly more on the edge!

Io said...

Oh man.
Oh I don't even know.
Dude.
What the heck.
I am holding my breath until you find out what's going on. I so hope it is something amazing and not something terrible.
I'm close by if you need/want ANYTHING.

Mrs. Spit said...

Argh. I don't think ectopics start slow.

I'm not sure, but hoping thurs answers questions for you!

(((Hugs)))

JellyBelly said...

i'm just as shocked as you are shinejil.

hopefully the dildocam will reveal some answers for you!

Stace said...

I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be!!

Hang in there! And my fingers are crossed for you.

Ms Heathen said...

No helpful insights (or unhelpful ones either, for that matter) from me, shinejil.

Just to say that I'm thinking of you and hoping against hope that this may still all end well.

loribeth said...

Wow. I've been behind on my commenting this past week, but I've been following your posts & thinking of you. I hope you get a definitive & happy answer soon!!

Pam said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Reading about your betas has made me a little more positive. Good luck!

nancy said...

Holy shit!!!

You had a lot of follicles so definitely you could of had a late implanter.

OMG - I'm so excited for your u/s tomorrow!!