Monday, August 4, 2008

That wasn't so bad...

Really, I keep being surprised at how the actual physical aspects of this process--i.e. inserting a big, long, thick needle into my ass--aren't as terrible as I imagined. Once I figured out how to mix up the stuff (I've been spoiled by my F-stim pen), I just took the plunge so to speak and got the job done. I have to tell any newbies out there: Look at the injection vids linked to Mel's blog. They are very, very helpful and make the whole new process less scary.

It's been nuts today (again): Up at five to write freelance stuff, clean up the house for a maternal visit tomorrow evening, call the RE's office to confirm appointment, go to the library and do several hundred pages of photocopying, soothe frustrated husband dealing with non-starting old car in the blazing heat... After all that, a few hours of mindless office work seems like an oasis of peace...

I know I have all your good wishes with me for tomorrow's IUI, the piece de resistance of this madness. That means a lot!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wishing you lots of luck with your IUI. And yes, the IM shots aren't bad if you follow Mel's instructions and try not to be squimish. I've had to do 2 progesterone in oil shots on my own. I posted on that a week or so ago.

luna said...

those to-do lists will get you every time. wishing you a very successful outcome in all of those endeavors!

beautycourage said...

good luck tomorrow! My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Io said...

I hope having a catheter up your hooha is as easy as injecting yourself. Actually I hope it's easier. Good luck!

Denise said...

Good luck tomorrow!

alicia said...

way to go with the shot!! good luck tmr!!! I will be thinking of you!

Stace said...

Good luck on your IUI! Mine's today as well! :)
Hope everything goes great! :)

annacyclopedia said...

Wishing you some awesome mojo for tomorrow's IUI, and hoping it all goes easily, smoothly, and successfully.