Somehow, my energy and appetite have returned. I spent the whole weekend reading novels and watching DVDs, when not going for hikes (though it was way too hot and muggy) and doing a few household chores. My dis? Well, it's on hold for the next week or so, as I adjust to my two jobs and all that. Hopefully, soon I'll be down to one job + dis + freelancing.
My guy and I have been talking a lot about what staying here would mean. So far, we think it would mean lots of good things. We both love it here, and we both feel that living close to nature, having a good day-to-day life is more important than the psuedo-glory of successful professional careers. That's just our choice; for those of you with careers, know that you'll never be afflicted with the money shortages we're bracing for. Life will be frugal, but green and creative.
We've got lots of ideas for cash crops and other money makers, as well as some employment prospects that would allow me to telecommute and write. We need to run some numbers and such, but we both are more excited about this idea than we've been about anything in a long time. We could start looking for a farm as soon as we finish some repairs and updates on our poor bedraggled ranch house (tiling some floors, redoing some aspects of the bathrooms, putting in built-ins, painting, etc.). Lots of little tasks, but all doable with sweat equity and some help from our handy fathers. I still plan on defending in May and getting my degree. Because I've so earned it and I want to be Dr. Shinejil, even if only the rutabegas refer to me by my academic title.
As for my beta watch, I'm hoping it will be over and done with this Thursday. I've been asking my body to let go of the little cell wad and let things move on. I've stopped bleeding. I feel strangely confident that my body's figured something out. I have lots of questions for Dr. Spunk and am actually looking forward to our WTF in a few weeks.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think you will be quite happy on that farm, dr. shinejil! and I am sure you will have other opportunities as well. follow your bliss.
hope your body returns to some normalcy too soon.
I am glad you are doing better and that you and DH have a plan. Good luck at your appointment, I hope your Dr answers all your questions and makes you feel more at ease!
I'm so glad that you're feeling better, and that you and your man are starting to make plans for the future. I think that I'd always pick personal contentment over academic success, even if it does mean having to make a few financial sacrifices along the way!
I am so excited for your farm. Seriously. Hearing you talk(um, reading you write. doh) about it makes me so happy. How many people find their dream and actually try to chase it down?
You are a rock star in my eyes.
Post a Comment